Pour Yourself Out Challenge 2019 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. These are the official rules (the "Official Rules") for Pour Yourself Out Challenge (the "Contest"). The Contest is open to legal residents of any country in the world, who are four (4) years or older as of the date of entry. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Administrator’s decisions. The decisions of the Administrator regarding all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. From all eligible entries received, the winner will be determined based on their ability to accumulate the most points in this Contest during the 2019 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (the "Tournament"). If you are a college athlete or expect to be one, participating in this Contest could affect your NCAA ® eligibility. This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This Contest is administrated by Daniel O’Shaughnessey (the "Administrator") and is promoted by Daniel O’Shaughnessey (the "Promoters"). Additional advertisers, sponsors, or partners associated with the Contest, if any, shall be deemed a Promoter for purposes of these Official Rules. This contest is not endorsed by, associated with, or sponsored by, the National Collegiate Athletic Association ("NCAA"), its members or partners.
3. ENTRY PAGE. To access and/or enter the Contest, log-on to the PYOChallenge homepage during the Contest Period and complete your entry by clicking on the "Register" button. You must use a valid email address to enter.
4. REGISTRATION; ENTRY FREE. Registration is free. There is no entry fee required to participate in the Contest. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. Any erroneous or fictitious entry name will be asked to alter their name to their official first and last name. Any nickname is subject to disqualification at the discretion of the Administrator.
5. TIMING. Entry in the Contest begins at sunset in Philadelphia, PA on Sunday, March 17, 2019. The Contest begins on Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 12:00pm Eastern Time and ends on Monday, April 8, 2019 at 11:59pm (or upon the completion of the Tournament) (the "Contest Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules all times are Eastern Time ("ET").
6. HOW TO PLAY.
a. General. The objective of the Contest is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the "winning pick" for each of the sixty-three (63) match-ups associated with the Tournament.
b. How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions on the PYO Challenge website. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 20 minutes of your entry you should contact the PYO Challenge administrator by phone or email.
c. Scoring. A correct pick in a given round is shown below:
(Round 1 shall be considered the games commencing Thursday)
• Round 1: actual seed number of the winning team
• Round 2: 15 points per pick
• Round 3: 30 points per pick
• Round 4: 50 points per pick
• Round 5: 75 points per pick
• Championship: 100 points per pick
d. Lock-time. All picks will lock at noon ET Thursday, March 21, 2019. Your picks for the matchups must be submitted, received, and recorded by Administrator's computer by the scheduled lock-time. Selections submitted after the deadline are considered invalid. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. Please email or text the Administrator promptly if you believe you have submitted your bracket but don’t see it on the leaderboard by Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 12:15pm.
e. Ties. Ties will be the contestant with the highest % of games won followed by the person who entered their bracket first.
f. Limit. ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. All picks must be the entrants picks without force or collusion. No person may pick vicariously through someone else. This is integral to the veracity of the Contest. Thank you. If there are two brackets submitted by the same person ‘by mistake’ the first bracket submitted will be deleted and we will use the most recent bracket submitted for the contest unless otherwise notified prior to the start of the contest.
7. PRIZES. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $2,500. Administrator will award one First Place Prize Winner: Two (2) NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game tickets with lodging to any one of the next three NCAA Men's Basketball Championship games. Lodging shall be for one night within 15 miles of the championship arena at a Hilton Hampton Inn or Marriott Residence Inn comparable hotel. The winner also has the option to receive $314 in cash. 2nd through 5th place prizes are unlimited Chick-fil-A, ice cream, pizza, and coffee respectively for the month of May 2019 (contest awards terms & conditions detailed in Terms & Conditions on the PYOChallenge website). The winners of these 2nd through 5th place prizes will have the option to receive $171, $161, $151, and $141 in payouts respectively. 6th-17th place prizes are one (1) DudePerfect official basketball (est. retail value of $39.99). Restrictions apply. See details. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Gift Cards are NOT redeemable/exchangeable for cash. Other restrictions may apply. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes is not permitted, except at Administrator's sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. The winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize. Winner(s) will be contacted by Administrator by email (same email used as registration) within 48 hours of the completion of the championship game. Administrator will make every reasonable effort to connect with the Winner prior to May 1, 2019. If winner(s) does not come forth and acknowledge receipt of award prior to May 1, 2019 at midnight then the prize shall be forfeited except at Administrators discretion.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and to Administrator's decisions. Winners shall be required to submit a photo of themselves in order to accept the prizes and allow use of that photo on the PYO Challenge website. The decisions of the Administrator in regards to all matters of this Contest are final and binding. Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an Entrant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK. Without limiting the foregoing, Administrator may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God. In the event that the Men's Tournament is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), Administrator reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the tournament is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at its discretion.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By participating in this Contest or receiving a prize, Entrants (and in particular, winner) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Administrators, Sponsors, Promoters and each of their respective related companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
10. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Contest is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. The NCAA ® does not promote, endorse or condone gambling or sports wagering of any kind. The NCAA ® membership has adopted specific legislation prohibiting athletic department staff members, conference office staff, national office staff and student-athletes from engaging in sports gambling activities as they relate to intercollegiate or professional sporting events.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Contest or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Contest; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Contest; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Contest, access to, copying or downloading materials from PYOChallenge.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
12. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Pennsylvania; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Pennsylvania law, without reference to Pennsylvania's choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
13. AFFILIATION DISCLAIMER. PYO Challenge – and/or PYOChallenge.com may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with PYO Challenge – and/or PYOChallenge.com. Please note that the PYO Challenge does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. PYO Challenge – and/or PYOChallenge.com are not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by 58ten or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. We declare no affiliation, sponsorship, nor any partnerships with any registered trademarks. PYO Challenge – and/or PYOChallange.com stand independently as its own contest.
15. ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. Administrator is responsible for the Contest and awarding of prizes. Administrators address is 4004 Trillium Way, Chester Springs, PA 19425. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2019 Pour Yourself Out Challenge.